A delegation of six administrators and faculty members from Trakia University, Bulgaria, visited the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and the College of Veterinary Medicine from June 8 - 15, 2016.
The group was hosted by CALS Global Programs and funded partially by the Erasmus+ Programme (European Union). The delegation had the opportunity to visit many places and events, including the facilities of the College of Veterinary Medicine, Elings and Sukup Halls, the World Pork Expo, the Iowa Sheep and Wool Festival, Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge, TransOva Genetics, and more.
The faculty host of this group was Dr. Curtis Youngs, Professor of Animal Science, who had the opportunity to travel to Trakia University in May, 2016, for a week Dr. Youngs' trip was also funded by the Erasmus+ Programme. The visit concluded with the signing of a renewal of a Memorandum of Understanding between Trakia University and the Colleges of Agriculture and Life Sciences and Veterinary Medicine.
- Professor Jurii Emilov Mitev, Professor of Agricultural Faculty
- Professor Ivan Todorov Vashin, Rector of Trakia University
- Professor Nasko Yovchev Vasilev, Bice Rector of Trakia University
- Professor Radoslav Ivanov Slavov, Professor or Agricultural Faculty
- Associate Professor Dimitar Panyotov Panyotov, Dean of Agricultural Faculty
- Mr. Emil Yuriev Mitev, Manager of National Center of Professional Training and Competence “America for Bulgaria” at Trakia University