Borlaug and Cochran Fellowship Programs
Advance notice of anticipated FY19 funded opportunities from the USDA Foreign Agricultural Service for institutions to host Borlaug and Cochran fellows has been released. The USDA/FAS Borlaug and Cochran fellowship programs promote food security and economic growth by providing short-term training and collaborative research opportunities to fellows from developing and middle‐income countries, emerging markets, and emerging democracies.
Top 10 Reasons to host a Borlaug Scholar or Cochran Group:
- Fulfillment of ISU mission and CALS strategic plan
- Global networking
- Opportunity to witness development as it happens
- Enhance departmental collaborations
- Broaden your international intellect
- Funding up to ~ $55,000 depending of program (includes indirect costs @ 10%)
- Mentor Salary (buyout) ~ $3,500-7,000 depending on program
- Inspire your research
- Make new friends
- Change and enhance your life!
CALS Global Programs provides assistance with visas, travel, orientation and financial management for Fellows placed at ISU-CALS. CALS faculty and staff interested in submitting a proposal should contact Tammi Martin, Program Coordinator in CALS Global Programs, 4-9237