Foreign Travel Grants
Applications for Foreign Travel Grants for the travel period May 16, 2017 - January 16, 2018 are due in the CALS Dean's office March 30, 2017. No late applications will be received without the approval of the CALS Professional Development Committee Chair.
Please use the Iowa State University Foreign Travel Grant Application Rules & Guidelines, dated 7/16 and the Iowa State University Foreign Travel Grant Application, dated 7/16, both of which can be found at http://www.facsen.iastate.edu/foreigntravel.
RFP U.S.-China Scientific Cooperative Exchange Programs FY 2017
USDA’s Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) is seeking to identify U.S. organizations interested in organizing training programs through the U.S.-China Scientific Cooperation Exchange Program (SCEP). This bilateral exchange program allows Chinese teams to visit the U.S. for 13 days (12 nights) in order to exchange knowledge and technology in agriculture. Teams consist of six participants, including the required team interpreter. Exchange programs should occur between March and September 30, 2017. Closing date for application is February 19, 2017. Read more . . .
CALS Students Spend Semester Abroad
The following CALS students will spend their Spring 2017 semester at partner institutions across the globe.
|Name||Area of Study||Institution/Country|
|Connor Bollum||Ag Business||American Farm School/Greece|
|Colton Cunningham||Bio Systems Engineering||BOKU/Austria|
|Brandon Walls||Environmental Science/Agronomy||BOKU/Austria|
|Cameron Adams||Forestry||University College Dublin/Ireland|
|Sarah Bennett||Animal Science||University College Dublin/Ireland|
|Caitlyn Clemmer||Forestry||University College Dublin/Ireland|
|Edward Murray||Ag Business||University College Dublin/Ireland|
|Tessa Anderson||Culinary Food Science||EARTH Program/U.S. Virgin Islands|
|Sierra Becker||Global Resource Systems||EARTH Program/U.S. Virgin Islands|
|Adam Davis||Ag and Life Sciences Education||EARTH Program/U.S. Virgin Islands|
|Amanda Rodriguez de Carvalho||Global Resource Systems||EARTH Program/U.S. Virgin Islands|
CALS Welcomes Incoming Exchange Students
Heloise Gontier and Sandra Vuillermet, both students from the Institut Polytechnique LaSalle Beauvais in France, will be spending Spring semester 2017 at ISU. Heloise will be studying in the area of Food Science while Sandra will study in NREM/Animal Ecology.
CALS Study Abroad . . .By the Numbers
Where are CALS Faculty/Staff Traveling?
- David Acker, CALS Admin, Thailand, Uganda, invited presentation/lectures; project follow-up
- Denise Bjelland, CALS Global Programs, Uganda, project follow-up
- Charles Burras, Agronomy, Uganda, research
- Alicia Carriquiry, Statistics, Philippines, project collaboration
- Song Xi Chen, Statistics, Australia, invited presentation at international conference
- Sylvia Cianzio, Agronomy, Puerto Rico, research
- Hannah Darr, Horticulture, U.S. Virgin Islands, work with ISU EARTH interns
- Laura Hansen Jesse, Plant Pathology, Mexico, participate in international conference
- Ramesh Kanwar, ABE, Ghana, mentor student project
- Andrew Lenssen, Agronomy, Uganda, research
- Dirk Maier, ABE, Ghana, Rwanda, project follow-up; research
- Daren Mueller, Plant Pathology, Mexico, participate in international conference
- Jarad Niemi, Statistics, Spain, invited presentation at international conference
- Gail Nonnecke, Horticulture, U.S. Virgin Islands, EARTH program
- Alison Robertson, Plant Pathology, South Africa, participate in international conference
- Max Rothschild, Animal Science, South Africa, Kenya, participate in international conference; project collaboration
- Josie Six, CALS Admin, Uganda, project follow-up
- Shelley Taylor, CALS Global Programs, Italy, project collaboration
- Donna Winham, FSHN, Guatemala, Ghana, research
- Zhengyuan Zhu, Statistics, Spain, invited presentation at international conference
Global Update, a newsletter to keep Iowa State University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences faculty and staff informed of international activities and initiatives, is prepared bi-monthly. To subscribe, send your name, e-mail address and the message "Global Update subscribe" to firstname.lastname@example.org. To unsubscribe, send "Global Update unsubscribe."